Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Projects

Braden waited IMpatiently until Daddy let him help him paint (the wall behind the door where no one could see...)


I bought him new "big boy" bedding from PBK and I love it! Especially love the monagramming on the pillow! All about it!



The artwork on the wall is Braden originals.




Hoping to get a few veggies!








No, I do not run a daycare center...






We were busy and actually productive (as much as you can be with 2 toddlers) last weekend!
I decided a few weeks ago that I could no longer stand the bland color on the childrens' walls, which thrilled Jason b/c it meant doing one of his favorite things- PAINTING! He hates it! He managed to get Braden's room painted, but we decided with 2 kids it is better if he can paint Allison's room when we go to my parents. Saturday was chaotic at best, but I am very happy with Braden's room.

Sunday after church we went to Home Depot and got some cucumber and tomato plants. My good friend and former neighbor used to bring us fresh tomatoes from her huge garden all the time, and so I decided we need to try to get the fresh veggies ourselves. That, and it saved us from having to do more landscaping...I am hoping to at least have 1 burger with a fresh tomato this summer!
Last project was spur of the moment. We have been fighting with the garage to keep it arranged. Between having to put the contents of a garage and a basement into just a garage, it has been nearly impossible, even with an extra garage. I had Jason move some shelves, and it is looking pretty good, for the moment, until the children step outside...







7 comments:

  1. Oh I love Braden's room. That is the same comforter I want to get Ryan when he moves to a big boy bed. It's so pretty and I love the colors! Good luck with the garden! I can't grow anything so I don't even try! I'm sure you will have much better luck than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh one more thing...did you read all the blogs about Beth Moore in Atlanta? So made me wish I had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braden's room looks really good...and good grief at all the "riding toys"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a tomato plant last year and it was SO worth the $2 I spent on it. We were able to get plenty of tomatoes off of it during the summer. I love tomato sandwiches during the hot summer months and like you said, on a juicy hamburger right off the grill. Hope you get some good veggies from it! Also, LOVE Braden's room! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy weekend! Braden's room is too cute! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dig the kid's painting. He's got some talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to see that birth sampler still on his wall! Wish you success with your garden. There is nothing better than fresh produce. Tanya

    ReplyDelete