Sunday, June 20, 2010

Beach 2010

WARNING: Yes, there are a lot of pictures.
We went to Destin, Fl at the beginning of June with my parents. No we didn't have oil, and no it didn't smell. We were lucky! The water could have been calmer and clearer, but the kids really preferred the pool anyway. We had a condo in a great location, so close to the pool! It wasn't exactly a relaxing beach vaca, seeing as how we have a almost 2 year old and a 4 year old, but lots of fun was had by all!
Oh, I will also add, we (I) decided it would be a good thing to drive home through the night. I wouldn't recommend it.



Khaki and white beach pic- Not an easy shot to capture!



All ready to go crab hunting - and they caught several!
















Trying to get a good shot of the two of them is near impossible!
Captured a good Braden smile! He is at the age that when we tell him to smile, he tries to hard and gets a very awkward posed smile on his face. Not so cute.




Sweet kiddos!

Another good one of my little boy!






LOVE the expression on Allison's face. She is SO not sure about her brother behind the wheel!

They both think Mimi and Papa hung the moon!
The girl loves her Mimi!

Do you think they look like me?

Neither of my kids had ever had a donut, so we decided to get Krispy Kreme one morning. Braden wanted a sprinkle donut, and even though it had chocolate on it, which he doesn't like (crazy, I know), he liked his sprinkle donut!






At The Track, Braden go to drive a go-cart all by himself! He was a little cautious - at one point he stopped in the middle of the track and told the operator he was just thought he was going to hit the wall- um, no where near it, kid





Both kids liked riding the train and Braden thought he was super cool when he go to sit in the engine!




Both kids LOVED the pool and were total water babies all week! The pool was right outside our condo which was PERFECT!



Yes, I took this shot.




The only picture of the 4 of us! We went to Fudpuckers to check out all the alligators. They had a ton! Allison was more interested than Braden was. Go figure.




Sweet (almost bald) little girl.









Braden went from not wanting to get his head in the water, to jumping off doing "tornado cannon balls," and coming back up to Jason. Yea, Braden!






















3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Glad you had no oil...YIKES, that would have been awful, although, my kids would have wanted to spend the entire time at the pool too. We decided to head to St. Louis this year for a different type of family vaca...we'll see! :) Oh....I COULD NOT BELIEVE your kiddos have never had a donut! I feel like an awful mommy now! My kids ask for them on Saturday mornings! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am with morgan on the donut thing...what in the world! Give the kids some sugar for pete's sake. Cute family pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm just now reading this. I haven't been keeping up with my reading! Anyway, LOVE all your pictures! You got some great ones of both of your sweet kiddos. Seems like we haven't really seen much of you guys recently. Ready for LG to get going again!!!

    ReplyDelete